EDClass is an Ofsted approved provision (July 2019) that offers a safe and secure virtual learning environment with engaging face-to-face teaching, tutoring and well being support. The learning application and virtual classroom has been designed to help break barriers to learning with online assistance, teachers, tutors, and qualified assisted tutors using the personalised e-learning aspects.
The Virtual Classroom within EDClass WILL remain open and continue to support your students regardless of a second wave or local lockdown.
We have the facility for staff to return to working from home at a moments notice to ensure there is never a time where our support is not available to your students whilst remaining compliant with Government guidelines and The World Health Organisations recommendations to ensure our team are safe.
During lockdown, we continued to trade,with no break in service, as our dedicated team moved from our head office to working from home. We are all now back in the office but have become adaptable and versatile to ensure our service to our customers is exceptional, regardless of whatever happens next with the pandemic.
We have a successful, tried and tested, contingency plan in place. Make the Virtual Classroom in EDClass part of yours. We are proud to highlight that our tutors, well-being and safeguarding team within our virtual classroom can address the following issues:
- Catch up delivery and sessions for missed learning
- Missed Safeguarding issues
- Students experiencing separation anxiety
- Dealing with a new form of low level disruptive and poor behaviour
- COVID-19, threatening and negative behaviour resulting in isolation, fixed term exclusion or possible permanent exclusion
- Having a positive alternative provision where students are learning
- Staff absences and staff shielding
- Delivering sessions to students who have not got a specialist teacher or tutor (such as cover / staff illness)
- Class and Year bubbles
- Teachers safety when rotating and students remain inside a fixed classroom.
- Isolation and exclusion with live teaching and well-being support
- Assessing and tracking students accurately and continuously
- Knowing how far your students are behind
- A local lock down
- A second wave
- Poor student attendance
- Safeguarding learners with mental health issues
- Being ready for an inspection
- Tuition and tutoring programmes
- Educating those students whose parents refuse them to come back or shielding
- Offering a Continuous Curriculum delivery
- Rural delivery to students
- One to one support to small classroom delivery
- SEND / CAMHS support
- Moving around the building safely
- Being prepared for exams
The virtual classroom offers a fully comprehensive, contingency covered, catch-up and accountable learning environment and management system that
- Improves outcomes
- Enhances attendance
- Looks at each child on an individual basis
- Sees what everyone has done every minute of the day
- Has in depth and continuous assessment to help predict grades
- Keeps staff and pupils safe, secure and socially distanced
- Offers a non over subscribed provision
- Offers a whole school approach with live, recorded or on demand resources
EDClass offers your establishment a new method of virtual teaching and delivery via our secure, virtual classroom and forum. In line with Government guidance
for full opening schools (gov.uk), EDClass can help you with:
- School operations
- Curriculum, behaviour and pastoral support
- Assessment and accountability
- Contingency planning to provide continuity of education in the case of a local outbreak and a local lock down
- Attendance and learning tools to equip students who are shielding, suffering with separation anxiety, or even parents preventing students from attending due to other anxiety issues
EDClass has worked throughout the lockdown to enhance our teacher and tutors delivery within our virtual classroom, offering much more interactive content. We have increased our assistance and well being support to offer a proven secure, fully safeguarded, distance learning virtual classroom system which can help you further address:
- Distance learning for local lock downs, second wave and a contingency to any other disruptions.
- Blended learning via our virtual classroom.
- Face-to-face learning one-on-one to help raise attainment and attendance.
- Remote learning for those students and staff that are ill and shielding.
- Interactive learning via the portal for a range of solutions for staff rotation and a varied curriculum.
- Hybrid offering 'eyes-on learning' via our support and timetabled sessions.
In addition, whilst cuts are being made everywhere under this air of uncertainty, the EDClass aspect can:
- offer a whole school approach
- reduce costs of permanently excluding students
- save you the expense of sending learners to Alternative Provision
- address how you deliver a personalised learning plan to your students with mental health issues or those that are school-phobic, refusers, non-attenders, teenage parents
- offer safeguarding supporting tool
- provide GCSE and functional skills content and timetabled sessions
Students can be supported in a one to one tuition platform or tuition can be offered to larger groups. We currently house over 400 live students providing support for English, science and maths plus other subjects for the 6th day provision or the short-term education of your students before being allowed into mainstream education.
Please call 01909 568 338 for more information or fill in your details to contact us for a free demonstration and trial.
EDClass was further developed with the senior leaders, Head Governor and CEO of the Rodillian Multi Academy Trust to educate those students that were not attending the 6 schools within their Trust, at specific times and periods of the day. Their staff and our staff work with the students to give them support and assistance online whilst following a personalised learning pathway. Their target was simple: Educate all within the Trust, through an application, regardless of barriers.
Within EDClass our qualified teachers work with your teachers, using our online platform and our Virtual Classrooms to educate the students at your provision. EDClass can give education providers the option of using EDClass to combat staff timetable clashes and staff absences. Your facility can benefit from our qualified online staff concentrating on educating your short term off-site students, leaving your staff free to educate your longer term students, such as pupils suffering with mental health problems or for those needing essential catch up sessions. Students will benefit from qualified and experienced teachers using our tailor made learning pathways to offer your students the best learning opportunities available in a virtual learning environment. Our unique safeguarding tools have been developed with these students in mind to give educators the best opportunity to deliver lessons to off-site students, whilst monitoring their behaviour and safety.
All virtual lessons can be streamed live for teacher viewing and are also recorded and automatically backed up and saved to ensure safeguarding all round. Our staff can be used to help disengaged students gain knowledge for qualifications, support teaching and learning through an online classroom and work with students individually to achieve their goals, alongside supporting your staff with the e-learning aspects and administration. Our teaching and admin staff will also personalise the students e-learning pathway (12000+ lessons, 2000+ learning pathways) ensuring each student has a tailored learning experience to meet their needs. Our unique safeguarding tools have been developed with off-site learning in mind, to ensure student safety is paramount and the best that is available in an online learning environment.
Off site students educated via the Virtual Classroom
The Virtual Classroom within EDClass also has the facility to track off-site students learning to ensure that staff can maintain constant contact
with students who are being educated off-site. Our teaching staff are available to the student at the click of a
button and will help guide students through their learning. The work students complete will also be marked by
EDClass teachers. All video recordings are saved and sent directly to your IT technicians to store and back up for
data protection, child protection and safeguarding protocols.
The facility also ties the support teacher in EDClass to the live Virtual Classroom which your staff are also able to monitor (via EDVirtual). You can see everything with complete transparency as can be seen in the diagram below.
This short-term provision via our Virtual Classroom approach and support mechanism, for reaching a range of students within and outside school, has been created so that establishments can target those hard to reach students or those students on the 6th day provision, using EDClass English, Maths and Science staff, mentors and support staff (alongside EDClass teaching staff) to educate learners in any situation.
EDClass can help schools and centres to instantly educate students who have difficulty attending a mainstream provision due to illness, shielding, behaviour, pastoral or access issues.
We provide a safe and secure learning environment for hard to reach students, allowing them to achieve, whilst offering educators our online platform and safeguarding tools. This will help each student reach their full potential in a controlled and safe environment. EDClass staff have the capability to educate students on specific timetabled pathways via live video stream which is recorded to safeguard teachers, school staff and students. Learners follow a unique pathway for them and receive support when they require it.
What is tracked and recorded
Within EDClass there is the facility to speak, support, and teach face to face via our own internal virtual platform.
The visits, questionnaires must be done by yourself for safeguarding purposes but all the, chat, recordings, backups, alerts and aspects are still paramount to the process.
All virtual lessons can be streamed live for teacher / student viewing and are also recorded and automatically backed up and saved to ensure safeguarding all round.
The students would be able to ask for and receive help, feedback, comments, and direction from our support members, ensuring all students can progress within EDClass.
You and your organisation can see the chat live with the student and teacher.
The video can work chat wise, and can be muted.
The students can follow any path, timed and date stamped for their own learning.
The students click on this button to activate the chat and virtual support whilst learning. Live lessons and tutoring can also occur.
Once clicked it takes them straight into learning. The learning, idle and question time is recorded.
The files are encrypted and sent to the school every evening once learning and the sessions have been completed.
All videos are automatically sent through via your FTP and stored via a folder for safeguarding. Every file is saved, encrypted and sent to the school.
This facility will enable us to further support students and the needs of those involved with these individuals in furthering their education. The difference between this and our normal support is that there is more supervision used for the students learning off-site.
We work with you so that you can:
- view the students learning live via a secure server stream
- chat face to face
- view their learning progress
- offer mentoring, support and assistance
- view actual live answers
- mentor students via a secure verbal chat or written chat
- set a structured pathway for any individual in a timetable path so that mentors and support workers can assist learners
This approach can dramatically improve students’ attendance and achievement but most importantly educate the students within a short term exclusion, 6th day provision or those school phobia / anxious / mental health students.
EDClass can help schools and centres educate students who have difficulty attending a mainstream provision. We provide a safe and secure learning environment for hard to reach students allowing them to achieve whilst offering educators our online platform and safeguarding tools. This will ensure each student reaches their full potential in a controlled and safe environment.
EDClass staff enables a partnership to be created so that we have the capability to educate students on specific timetabled pathways via live video stream that is all recorded to safeguard teachers, school staff and students to meet your school needs. Our unique safeguarding tools have been developed with these students in mind to give educators the best opportunity to deliver lessons to off-site students whilst monitoring their behaviour and safety.
The support via the Virtual Classroom for your Alternative Provision
EDClass and our online support system provides a great Alternative Provision for a range of students which adheres to Government safeguarding, well-being and supervision legislation. Within this provision you have a robust and comprehensive tool that not only organisation to offers teaching and support, but also offers tutoring, assessment, pre-assessment, verification, and expertise in any subject for any age group for those doing core, academic or vocational courses. EDClass can also offer teaching support for any organisation.
Through this Alternative Provision partnership enables learning and attendance grades whilst learning through EDClass can be achieved using our new and secure methodology for many classifications of students including:
- short term provision
- separation anxiety
- 6th day exclusion
- home educated
- distance learners
- in inclusion units
- students with mental health issues
- one to one
- target groups
- for those studying for a qualification
- students with low literacy/numeracy
- those submitting qualification coursework
We can offer support to any individual, whether they be on or off-site. All our support officers are uniquely trained to have extensive knowledge and understanding of the EDClass lessons, system, qualifications, methodology, exams, coursework and practical elements. An exclusive pre-assessment, assessment and feedback service is available for the students, which will help them understand, learn and progress through EDClass. Below shows the one to one support.
Benefits of EDClass
With the government introducing or planning changes to budget, attendance policies, off-site learning, exclusion, inclusion and the alternative curriculum, accurate tracking and reporting is becoming increasingly more important for educational establishments to implement systems that can; deliver these changes, accurately monitor progress in real-time and output reports suitable for an Ofsted inspection. We are proud to say the our Via Classroom has been through a successful Ofsted in July 2019
The Virtual Classroom enables us and you to:
- support students live via our tuition platform (Great for the Tuition programme)
- offer live timetabled sessions
- provide a personalised pathway
- view the students learning via live a secure video stream
- chat face to face with learners
- offer class, target groups or whole year group sessions
- break down those individuals who have greater needs and create smaller groups online
- view their learning progress, offer mentoring, support and assistance
- view live answers and submissions
- mentor learners via a secure verbal chat or written chat
- set a structured pathway for any individual in a timetable path so that mentors and support workers can assist any learner
- be flexible for any learner
EDClass is a proven secure, fully safeguarded, distance learning system online learning, tracking and reporting platform that can help you:
- catch up delivery and sessions for missed learning
- continue to support your students regardless of a second wave or local lockdown.
- educate all students through a blended, flexible and remote learning package
- dramatically improve your attendance levels
- improve behaviour throughout the whole school
- provide an inclusive Alternative Provision for your students (we become one of your alternative providers)
- create, track and monitor individualised learning pathways
- provide behaviour repair work
- have instant resources in isolation, home education and those students excluded, on part-time timetable, or those that are impacting your school attendance levels
- develop a positive and inclusive learning environment for your students
- address the 3 levels of progress for your KS3 students through our 12,000+ learning lessons
- enhance KS4 performance scores
- deliver content to any type of target groups
- create a positive learning environment for pupil premium, alternative curriculum, or off-site individuals
- enable any assessment policy (without levels) to be adhered to
- encourage disaffected students to take an active role in their own education through a rewards-based gaming/learning structure
Please call 01909 568 338 for more information or fill in your details to contact us for a free demonstration and trial.