Creating Outstanding Teachers
We believe in supporting all teachers wherever they are on their journey. The observation package, from EDClass, allows teachers to video, pause and edit their practice, link it to CPD and targets and share ideas within school or remotely with education professionals. We believe this will empower them to take charge of their teaching journey, improve their practice and inspire others.
The package can support teachers through:
- revolutionising self-evaluation and peer evaluation.
- providing transparency through allowing teachers to record their lessons and match practice to criteria relevant to their learning.
- empowering teachers to take control of their professional practice by choosing lessons to download or groups to observe and working through assignments at their own pace.
- providing evidence of teachers’ own practice for reflection and self-evaluation and allowing teachers to reflect upon that practice either alone, with mentors or peers.
- providing content and activities dedicated to helping teachers understand how pupils learn, both generally and in specific subject areas.
- giving teachers room for professional discretion and providing repeated opportunities to understand, practice and reflect upon new learning and methodology.
- providing experts to support understanding of the practices being advocated.
- allowing groups of teachers to get together for moderation and marking training with experts and colleagues in other schools.
- ensuring evidence is uploaded and performance management conversations are streamlined onto one platform.
- facilitating collaboration at a school, authority, county, national or international level.
- making life easier for teachers by providing evidence of student competencies for example, football skills, drama and musical performances and oral examinations and tests.
- allowing teachers to assess group work or individual performances in class.
Through the transparency of this system teachers can reflect on their lessons and allow for collaborative, non-threatening feedback, either internally or externally without the stress of a traditional observation, if required.
We understand that high expectations and a positive climate, characterised by respectful interactions, are two strongly supported elements of educational effectiveness and essential for positive pupils progress and achievement:
- Ensure that clear routines and behaviour expectations are consistently and fairly applied in line with school policies
- Coach and mentor staff with contextually relevant evidence
- Track individual pupils
- Monitor pupil motivation and attitudes to learning
- Build a positive and respectful school culture
- Ensure pupils feel safe and check that bullying, discrimination and peer-on-peer abuse are not accepted and are dealt with quickly, consistently and effectively whenever they occur
- Allow cross fertilisation of ideas and behaviour management strategies
Initial Teaching Training and SCITT
We are confident that observation package will support schools with Initial Teaching Training and SCITT trainees because it can:
- align the Government’s plans for a new early career framework for teachers with teacher training
- ensure that training modules cover minimum knowledge and experience that trainee teachers are expected to cover during their training
- place a strong emphasis on mentoring and expert professional support in schools
- include the schools or MAT's own bespoke content