Regular attendance and participation in schooling is an important factor in educational and life success.
Students who are regular non-attenders are at risk of alienation from education that can lead to decreased options for future learning pathways.
With online live support, EDMulti provides a great tool for motivating and creating a positive learning system for students that may be non–attenders at academies, for a variety of reasons.
Your organisation can use the virtual classroom and support within EDMulti to gain attendance through creating individualised programmes and learning pathways for students to follow which can match your specific schemes of work and units of study.
We work in partnership with academies and educational establishments to ensure comprehensive levels of safeguarding, well-being, supervision, monitoring, and tracking of attendance, grades and progress for groups and individuals.
Working with EDMulti you have the capacity to:
- Reduce suspensions and exclusions, lower persistent absences and enhance learning whilst simultaneously enabling the students to have the opportunity to work independently.
- Improve disengaged students’ knowledge and understanding within a range of subjects in a relaxed and enjoyable environment through interactive learning approaches.
- Increase behaviour, motivation and attendance whilst promoting fun learning.
- Enable teaching staff to track, monitor and view graphical data of student’s progress in English, Maths and Science and other subjects.
- EDMulti students can also receive ATTENDANCE grades whilst completing lessons with live online support – the platform tracks idle time online and time in learning.
DFE Guidelines to Alternative Provision:
Schools on the right package can claim attendance codes for students providing they follow strict guidelines. Our guidelines are based on the DFE guidelines for alternative provision.
The latest version has added areas to ensure a good education is provided for children who cannot attend school because of health needs.
Our strengths are the core subjects but we've not stopped there, we have invested a great deal of work in breaking down the learning barriers in many other areas and are able to deliver teaching from functional skills to GCSE.
We have achieved good academic attainment on a par with mainstream schools – particularly in English, Maths and Science (including ICT), with appropriate accreditation and qualifications, to ensure:
- that the specific personal, social and academic needs of pupils are properly identified and met in order to help them to overcome any barriers to attainment;
- there is improved pupil motivation and self-confidence, attendance and engagement with education; and
- clearly defined objectives, including the next steps, following the placement such as reintegration into mainstream education, further education, training or employment.
Our guidelines for attendance codes covers different areas, but benefits all involved.
Below is a testimonial from one of our customers. Since the time of this testimonial we have rebranded this product as "EDMulti".
“The cooperative academy have been the highest attending high school in Manchester for the last four years and constantly strive to keep the attendance at a high level, We currently have 900 students on roll, The attendance up to half term 5 this academic year was 97.21% and our PA level was 3%. In the last released DfE’s figures we came in the top 1>#/b### of England
The Academy is based in an area of low income families with a high proportion of students coming from challenging complex backgrounds, Keeping students engaged and attending regularly is a daily challenging task.
We were introduced to EDLounge in the middle of the academic year 2016 – 2017 the impact on our attendance was instant and has a positive impact on our figures.
I can confidently say that if we had had the package sooner we would have had a lower PA figure and increased attendance. With the purchase of the EDClass seat we have access to EDLounge which we have set up in our internal Exclusion suite, this provides students who would normally have to work from work sheets, access to lessons and course work that they would normally be completing in lessons.
In my role as Attendance Manager and Safeguarding Officer I am often asked to visit other schools and Academies to offer support in improving their attendance, I have no problem in endorsing the EDLounge company to Schools and Academies as a tool to improve their attendance and support students.
Many Thanks “
Jenny – Attendance Manager & Safeguarding Officer, The Co-operative Academy of Manchester