Narrowing the Gap and Supporting Groups
• About EDObserve • Leadership • ITT • Academies • Teaching and Learning • Classroom Management • Behaviour • Teaching Standard • Moderation and Standardisation • Sharing Good Standards • Department Observation Tool • One-to-One Benefits • Live Interaction • Improving Teaching Standards • Behaviour and Attitudes • Creating Outstanding Teachers • Supporting Groups •
The disadvantage gap widened by 0.6 in 2018 and according to the Education Policy Institute, based on current trends, it will take over 100 years for the disadvantage gap in English and Math to close.
EDObserve can help schools narrow the gap by
- facilitating the sharing of good practice for specific groups of pupils.
- allowing SENCOS, teachers or HLTAs/ TA’s to track individual pupils.
- enabling staff to reflect upon practices within specific groups and monitor the effectiveness of differentiation.
- linking the system with the Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND) Code of Practice: 0-25 years (2014) and the Teaching and Learning Strategies suitable for each.
- aligning the ideas of Quality First Teaching outlined in the Removing Barriers to Achievement (2004) paper and the National Strategies three waves of intervention model particularly core skills required for all teachers in all schools.
- guiding teachers in how to support literacy in all subjects and sharing practice with literacy experts.
- allow cross fertilisation of ideas within departments, schools, MATs, authorities, nationally and internationally.