The education of EAL and ESOL learners is increasingly placing student well-being and inclusion at the core of their English speaking, reading, writing and general communication development. EDClass can help to meet the need for targeted assistance especially for those students with English as a second or other/additional language. From our content you can create learning pathways quickly and efficiently, tailored with your choice of lessons, so each learner has an individual programme to follow.
At EDLounge we offer:
- A systematic and unique approach for each learner
- Personalised learning outcomes for all learners
- Increased engagement in learning
- A personal pathway for each learner
- Self-paced content
- Editable content
- Lessons to meet the needs of every ability
- Sound and an e-reader in every lesson (everything can be read aloud for each learner)
- E-books for learners
- Online support and access to tutors offering a range of languages
At EDClass we work in partnership with schools, families and those learners with EAL / ESOL to break down barriers to their learning. EDClass:
- Offers editable content for any language or learner
- Can offer each learner a unique learning pathway to meet their ability needs
- Improves learner's knowledge and understanding in a range of subjects in a relaxed and enjoyable environment through interactive learning approaches
- Improves behaviour, motivation and attendance whilst promoting fun learning
- Enables teaching staff to track and monitor data plotting a learner's progress in English, Maths and Science in graph or report form, alongside 'lifeskills' and vocational subjects
- Reduces exclusions and lowers the rate of persistent absences
- Enhances learning for ESOL learners whilst enabling them to work independently
- Allows you to reward learners instantly for answers submitted, effort, grade, commitment, coursework, homework and time spent learning
For primary schools, EDClass provides a new and innovative approach for your ESOL learners. Success is achieved when spending targeted time within the EDClass learning platform. Here are all the languages that have been translated with audio file of the words, phrases and topics being spoken.
The topics that we have within EDVille for your pupils to learn at their own pace are:
This is a great tool for ESOL departments introducing English to learners with primary languages. Each word, phrase or statement has a recording of the pronunciation that each pupil can learn from.