From the 22nd October, the Department for Education requires all schools to provide immediate access to remote education.
The intention of the Coronavirus Act: Provision of Remote Education Temporary Continuity Direction is to provide legal certainty for all involved in the education sector, including parents, teachers and schools themselves.
This legal duty makes it clear that schools must provide an education to all state-funded, school-age children unable to attend school due to the coronavirus (Covid-19). In the 2020-21 academic year there is an expectation on high quality remote learning.
Schools are expected to:
- Set assignments so that pupils have meaningful and ambitious work each day in a number of different subjects
- Teach a planned and well-sequenced curriculum so that knowledge and skills are built incrementally, with a good level of clarity about what is intended to be taught and practiced in each subject
- Provide frequent, clear explanations of new content, delivered by a teacher in the school through high-quality curriculum resources or videos
- Gauge how well pupils are progressing through the curriculum, using questions and other suitable tasks and set a clear expectation on how regularly teachers will check work
- Enable teachers to adjust the pace or difficulty of what is being taught in response to questions or assessments, including, where necessary, revising material or simplifying explanations to ensure pupils’ understanding
- Plan a programme that is of equivalent length to the core teaching pupils would receive in school, ideally including daily contact with teachers
Our safeguarding and flexibility of the teaching and support is unique for remote education. The interactive platform can address every point above as we have been doing online delivery since 2008. Our teaching staff, support workers and HLTAs are available when the students are ready to learn. There are timetabled sessions, live teaching classes, and on demand lessons available for all students to catch up, progress or challenge their knowledge and understanding. There is not just one particular slot for them to learn from. Every student completes regular diagnostic tests which enables the learner to have different interactive lessons due to their gap analysis.
|Our interactive platform shows you the student, screen and progress. Marking, feedback and monitoring is also a responsibility from our staff.||Our interactive lessons and teaching can be delivered live, on demand or via a structured gap analysis pathway, making every pathway unique but most importantly personalised for every one.|
|The teachers view and Interactive delivery screen. Great for remote education.||The screen view. The student can view the teacher and their delivery screen, the screen only or both.|
EDClass is here to support your remote education needs
We are ready to provide immediate access to individual pupils self-isolating, bubbles, cohorts, year groups and can even support the whole school via our online platform. By using the platform, teachers can be ready to go with live and recorded lessons. These can be provided by your staff or our own highly trained teachers. With access to 12,000+ lessons you do not need to prepare lesson content or learn new teaching techniques. Your staff do not need to assess, mark or give feedback because our sophisticated digital platform can do it all on your behalf. The system is fully safeguarded with facilities including eyes-on learning. This means that with a webcam enabled, any issues on camera can be picked up by a specialist trained member of staff.
All EDClass safeguarding and wellbeing staff - along with teaching staff - are enhanced DBS checked. We have over 12 years experience in providing a recognised alternative provision for students in isolation, exclusion or unable to attend mainstream classroom.
Read testimonials here
Our remote learning provision has also been inspected by Ofsted.
Read our latest report here
Book a demonstration here
Alternatively use the contact form below or call 01909 568338.
|One of our teachers teaching to a group of students for catch up.||Remote learning via our flexible learning pathways.|
This identifies how EDCLass can help teach all students through our remote education and interactive learning classroom.
Call us on 01909 568 338 for more information or a free demo