The EDClass platform treats safeguarding as its highest priority. Safeguarding of our young people, teaching staff and staff is paramount. EDClass has an up-to-date GDPR process and this is available on request, however, safeguarding will supersede this at all times and our safeguarding processes are activated when we, as a company or trained individuals, believe there is a concern. We have numerous safeguarding tools in our online Virtual Classrooms, which includes students off-site letting us know how they are on a daily basis, alert mechanisms, video/chat support, marking and various other industry-leading tools.
It is mandatory for all EDClass staff to pass an advanced child protection course.
Safeguarding is our key element. All our staff:
- are COVID 19 Psychological First Aid trained staff
- are trained at DSL level
- have Enhanced DBS checks
- teaching staff and HLTAs are list 99 checked
- have strong relationship with local authorities
- have covered FGM / counter-terrorism and PREVENT.
All senior managers have passed their Designated Safeguarding Lead course, with a strict hierarchy in the processes and reporting system. Senior managers have also undertaken the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults course.
All schools using our face to face virtual classrooms are urged to invest in QNAP software to be stored on site for SFTP transfer of classroom data, keeping safeguarding as a priority between schools and the EDClass safeguarding team.
Students can access the support mechanism within EDClass instantly once they are logged on to our online virtual portal classroom and seats. This is where teachers and assistants can be seen live teaching and supporting your learners. Once in a seat, the live stream starts for safeguarding and the learner can ask for assistance anytime via:
- verbal chat
- instant chat
- written chat
- question and answer sessions
We record everything. We save our face to face, text and verbal communications direct to your server for child protection and safeguarding. The progress of answers, questions and knowledge is instantly tracked in our live activity tracker. Meanwhile, a manager in charge of EDClass in schools in Multi Academy Trusts can have eyes-on learning to see:
- the learner
- every learner under the control of the manager, school or MAT account
- the teachers
- the support assistant
- teaching assistants
- the conversation
- the questions
- every action performed by EDClass staff and pupils
- the live picture
- any other thing taking place whilst the webcam is recording (for safeguarding purposes!)
From Monday 18th January, 2021 we are offering FREE on demand English, Maths, Science and PE lessons daily.
Here is an example of one of our teachers working in a group learning environment. It shows the level of security and quality assured safeguarding taking place in our support and live teaching sessions.
Since our Ofsted monitoring visit in 2019 any educational establishments can have access to this facility too using your educators and support workers. We have worked throughout lock-down to enhance our teachers' and tutors' delivery; offering much more interactive content; and increasing our assistance and well-being support.
We offer a fully-safeguarded distance learning system which can help address:
- Distance learning for local lock-downs, second wave and a contingency to any other disruptions.
- Blended learning via our virtual classroom.
- Face-to-face learning one-on-one to help raise attainment and attendance.
- Remote learning for those students and staff that are ill and shielding.
- Interactive learning via the portal for a range of solutions for staff rotation and a varied curriculum.
- 'Eyes-on learning' via our support and timetabled sessions.
Students using EDClass will work to a set schedule. Teachers can set when the students are expected to register on the website in the morning and afternoon. This is saved and able for you to view with a trackable report and inspection section available. If a student fails to register when they have been scheduled to, an attendance report will be sent via email to the school and parents who have provided a contact email address.
Our platform can be accessed at any time from any location with an internet connection that your school deems appropriate for learning. This will help schools and centres educate those hard to reach learners who have difficulty attending mainstream provisions.
We can offer any individual that is on the system, whether they are on-site or off-site, support through their learning. All of our support officers are uniquely trained to have extensive knowledge and understanding of our lessons, system, qualifications, methodology, exams, coursework and practical element.
Students will complete a safety questionnaire at the beginning of a session to confirm that they feel safe, have the correct equipment and are ready to learn. The questions can be edited and personalised to suit individual students.
While on the system, students will have access to an “alert” button. If at any point there is an emergency or change in circumstance, the student can use the alert button to alert the relevant staff at your establishment via email, text and phone call.
All written communication between your students and our tutors are recorded and backed up for safeguarding purposes. All chat logs, video and audio from your students and teachers using the Virtual Classroom are recorded and exported to your establishment
Please note: Please see below other useful sources of information:
- UK Council for Child Internet Safety (UKCCIS)
- Online safety - NSPCC
- Child Protection Advisors - CEOP
- UK Safer Internet Centre
- Staying Safe Online - Childline
The diagram below shows is how our virtual class room works safely and securely.
The diagram below identifies how the safeguarding is central to all learning, aspects, and target groups within different cohorts that can all use the interactive learning platform and the teaching at the same time.
Please call us on 01909 568 338 for a free trial and to see how we safeguard our learners and staff online.
Our Safeguarding Content
We are proud to have the following online e-learning lessons and resources to support and actively engage parents, students and teachers in the following safeguarding topics:
- Am i depressed
- Do you have obsessive compulsive disorder
- Do you have post traumatic stress disorder
- Bullying – physical bullying
- Bullying – homophobic bullying
- Bullying – racist bullying
- Bullying and social networking sites – staying safe online
- Child sexual abuse (CSE) – signs and indicators
- Child sexual exploitation
- Computer and internet security
- Cyber bullying
- Defining sexual misconduct – sexual bullying
- Does your child have obsessive compulsive disorder
- Does your child have post traumatic stress disorder
- Female genital mutilation
- Forced marriage
- Gangs and county lines
- Harassment and bullying- how to deal with it
- Harmful sexual behaviour
- Healthy sexual relationships
- Honour-based violence
- How to keep your child safe online
- Human trafficking
- I think my child is self harming
- Is my child depressed
- Modern slavery
- Racist bullying
- Racial bullying and harassment
- Self harm
- Sexual misconduct – sexual bullying
- What happens if you go missing
- What to do if your child goes missing