EDClass was designed initially for students to have a structured learning pathway whilst in inclusion or exclusion so that they can be reintegrated back into mainstream education at the same level of learning as their peers. As the platform has evolved, we now have English, Maths and Science available for any student whether they are on a short or long term exclusion. However, our continued education approach is now a proven model and method to reduce exclusions before they become a statistical problem for your school.
We have extensive safeguarding tools and support officers to help your students learn and have a positive learning experience, whether they are on or off school premises. Students can access the teachers for on-demand live teaching and support as they work through their allocated lessons.
All work is marked and feedback is provided by our team of experienced teachers so that they have every chance of progressing and keeping up with current topics. They can also complete behaviour lessons relating to the issues leading to exclusion.
Behaviour Repair Lessons
We have 288 'behaviour repair' lessons that were designed and built alongside Milly Wildish (Specialist Arbitrator and National Safeguarding Panel member for Sports Resolution, with 14 years as Detective in the Metropolitan Police. Milly works as a child protection specialist, counter-terrorism officer and has led a Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub). These lessons include but are not limited to:
- Reasons for Exclusion PP2 - Violent Behaviour Against Other Pupils
- Reasons for Exclusion PA3 - Obstruction and Jostling Against Adults
- Reasons for Exclusion VA4 - Homophobic Abuse Against Adults
- Reasons for Exclusion BU4 - Racist Bullying
- Defining Sexual Misconduct - Lewd Behaviour SM4
- Drug and Alcohol-Related Exclusion - Substance Abuse DA6
- Honour-Based Violence - Student Lesson
- Bullying and Social Networking Sites - Staying Safe Online
Each of these lessons requires responses to scenario-based questions. All lessons are tracked and monitored, recording the hours, minutes and seconds that a learner has been in a lesson, and all student responses to questions, tasks and content. Responses to any questions are available in the student's report which updates in real-time. All of this information is monitored to help with any reintegration meeting.
EDClass provides a great tool for motivating and creating a positive learning system for NEETs, including, excluded, vulnerable, home educated, foundation, vocational, teenage pregnancy, injured or long-term sick and fast track students alongside being used for target groups, or whole-school approaches.EDClass can assist your organisation to:
- Improve disengaged students’ knowledge and understanding within a range of subjects in a relaxed and enjoyable environment through interactive learning approaches
- Increase behaviour, motivation and attendance
- Gain foundation and vocational qualifications verified by AQA, EDEXCEL, NCFE, EDUCAS and City & Guilds
- Enable teaching staff to track and monitor graphical and theoretical data of a student’s progress in English, Maths and Science alongside functional skills, core and vocational subjects
- Reduce exclusions, lower persistent absences and enhance learning whilst enabling the students to work independently
- Provide a new and innovative approach to your alternative and foundation curriculum, as you can now prepare your students for their Maths and English qualifications through our functional skills lessons and areas
- Students can also receive attendance grades whilst completing lessons, assessment files and coursework through EDClass
- Student success is achieved through spending time on EDClass and completing lessons
- You can reward students instantly for answers submitted, effort, grade, commitment, coursework, homework and time spent learning